Conference on August 27-29, 2018, in Tours.
Recent advances in microelectronics in energy harvesting applications have increased demand for the enhancement of the performance metrics of all storage and energy conversion devices. This includes piezoelectric nanogenerators, organic solar cells and thermoelectrics. The international conference entitled “Frontiers in Nanomaterials for Energy Harvesting and Storage”, organized by LE STUDIUM Loire Valley Institute for Advanced Studies, will be held on the 27th-29th August 2018 in Tours, France.
Topics that will be covered include, among others:
- novel processing techniques for nanostructured materials with high-energy conversion efficiencies,
- new materials for energy harvesting and storage,
- theory and modelling of these materials and devices,
- new structural and functional characterization methods,
- innovative design and integration of low-power/self-powered devices for next generation of sensors and actuators.
Confirmed invited speakers:
- Dr Stefania Benedetti: Tailoring plasmonic response in metal/oxide nanosystems
- Dr Dong-Jik Kim: Flexo-Photovoltaic Effect
- Dr Noëlle Gogneau: High-potential of III-Nitride Nanowires for Piezoelectric Energy Harvesting: Towards Wireless Sensors
- Dr Gonzola Murillo: From MEMS to nanogenerators, how to harvest energy from ambient vibrations
- Pr Cristina Rusu: Energy harvesting sensor systems – Challenges and Opportunities
- Dr Sophie Tingry: Gold nanoparticles: Application in hybrid biofuel cells for energy conversion.
- Dr Hana Ursic: Imaging and manipulation of ferroelectric domain walls by piezoresponse force microscopy
- Pr Magnus Willander: Flexible and Non-Flexible Materials for Energy Harvesting
- Pr Salvatore Mirabella: Photoluminescence investigation of deep level defect states in ZnO nanorods
- Pr Cleva Ow-Yang: Nanoscale Engineering of Materials for Zero-Energy Consumption Lighting
The programme is now online here .
Don’t miss this opportunity to meet outstanding guest speakers, in a human-size conference.
Early registration fees are only 150€, and 60€ for students. It is still possible to submit abstracts for posters.
The wonderful Loire Valley is only at 1h45 via TGV train from Paris Charles de Gaulle airport, or 1h15 from Paris.
We are looking forward to meeting you in Tours,